Monday, February 8, 2010

Lazy Monday

I'm sitting here watching the snow fall and occasionally looking over to check on my sleeping husband curled up with my sleeping dog. It's quite nice.




Christmas Visit

I was lucky enough to be able to travel home to Philadelphia over the Christmas holidays (way long ago). Anytime I get home is a special blessing and this time was extra special because it had been 8 months since I had been there last and because Tulsa experienced its first blizzard while we were gone :)

Dustin and I decided to drive rather than fly and that turned out to be a fabulous decision given the fact the MidAtlantic got hit with a snowstorm right before we left for our trip. We would have most likely been so delayed getting into Philadelphia and possibly would not have gotten home til after Christmas Day.

The one disadvantage of driving is that if something goes wrong with the car, you better hope it is not bad. Fortunately for us it was bad but not THAT bad.

Long story short (as is usually the case with me)....our trip home went a little like this....

We decided to take the southern route home to Tulsa which consists of Philly to Knoxville, TN to Nashville, TN to Memphis, TN to Little Rock, AR and home to Tulsa.

We exited the PA turnpike in Harrisburg when my shift cable snapped. After playing the pregnancy card with both the tow truck driver and the Saturn dealership (which was to become a VW dealership on Jan 1st), we were back on the road within 5 hours making it to Bristol, VA/TN a down known only for its Nascar Race and for good reason :/ I am certain we stayed in the creepiest Motel 8 east of the Mississippi River that night but with the weather turning bad we didn't care!

We arrived home just in time to celebrate New Year's Eve with our puppy and be in bed by 12:15am....lol.

My Growing Belly

I swear I went from not pregnant to pregnant in the matter of 2 weeks!



Stupid Groundhog

Yes, it is still winter here in Oklahoma. Cabin fever is our house is reaching a dangerously high level. Spring can not come fast enough.





No comments: