Friday, February 12, 2010

Sprout's 30 week check up

Sprouty and I had our 30 week check up yesterday and like every appointment prior to this one, it ended with the doc saying "Wow, you certainly are just motoring through this pregnancy."

My belly is measuring exactly 30 weeks.

Sprout's heart rate was 148. It has been in a really tight range of 146 to 154 all pregnancy.

My blood sugar from my glucose challenge two weeks ago was perfect.

My blood pressure was 126/76.

I gained 5lbs in 2 weeks bringing my pregnancy gain to 19lbs total (7 in the first 6 months, 12 in the past 6 weeks). The amazing thing to me is that at one point in my life, I was 13 pounds heavier than I am right now!

And so the boring pregnancy continues :)

In addition to the doctor's appointment, we also went in for our pre-admission paperwork and testing which was interesting on several fronts.

Let me say this, there is not enough money in the world that would make me want to be a hospital billing person. No amount could ever compensate for what those individuals have to deal with on a daily basis. How our "financial counselor" (and unfortunately for the life of me, I can not remember her name) was so nice and so patient in explaining everything to us and for helping us to recover from our coronary when we saw the bill by explaining that in actuality we don't OWE that much is beyond me. Kudos to St John's for having such an incredibly pleasant, understanding and intelligent person doing that kind of work in the women's center :D

We also got a tour of Labor & Delivery which was pretty cool and very surreal. Despite the fact that they were busting at the seams, every nurse there seemed perfectly relaxed and friendly. That was a great source of relief to me :)

So, as this pregnancy continues to truck along (2 1/2 months to go), I took Gracie on a walk today since the temp was above 40 degrees and the sun was shining. We have one more day of this pseudo-spring weather before Valentine's Day turns cold, blustery and miserable so I might as well enjoy it :)

No comments: