We got to OKC a little early so had to spend some time entertaining ourselves which is never a good thing.

Once Ben & Jen arrived and saved ourselves from ourselves we had lunch at the Bricktown Brewery where I had an AWESOME burger (that I could actually taste that day). After lunch we were trying to figure out what to do next when we happened upon the OKC Festival of Arts.
The Arts Festival was held on the grounds of the Myriad Botanical Gardens and is one of the biggest arts festivals in the plains states.(http://www.myriadgardens.com).
Both Dustin and Ben grew up in OK but had never been to the Myriad. For $4 admission it was more than worth the price of admission. It was one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen! A totally unexpected little jewel in the middle of the city. It was a nice place to get away from the crowd of the festival and enjoy some time taking in the sights and scents of the garden.

I had to get really close because my nose is still very stuffy




The view was well worth the fear I was feeling by being up on that cat walk
Unfortunately, the battery in my camera died in the middle of the gardens so, I don't have pictures of the the festival but, despite the crazy amount of people and the fact that I got sunburnt, it was an awesome day :)

No comments:
Post a Comment