Friday, April 24, 2009

Breezy, Beautiful....it is date night Thursday, the birds are too fat, and line drying.

Date Night Thursday

My schedule for the past month has been Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed 1pm-1am. Dustin works Monday through Saturday 8/9am til whenever. Needless to say, we don't see each other much and that's why Thursday date night is pretty much our favorite night of the week.

Typically we spend it McNellie's but decided to switch it up a bit this week (I felt like I was cheating on McNellie's) It was just too nice out and we were looking to eat outside. So with temps in the high 80's and a nice easy breeze we headed out to Jenk Riverwalk.

We ended up eating outside at the Ale Haus (http://ale-haus.com). I would love to say that the food was excellent but, I had to rely on Dustin's opinion because I am so congested with a cold that I couldn't taste a thing. However, Dustin tells me that the food was awesome and the beer was excellent. It was a really great, relaxing night.

The Birds are TOO Fat

We have 2 bird feeders outside to help keep the cat entertained and we're trying to get a really good picture of the Cardinal couple that nests somewhere near our house. One feeder holders 5lbs of food, the other 2lbs. The neighborhood birds have eaten 7 POUNDS of food a week for the past 2 weeks! I feel like we are running a bird soup kitchen from our porch. So, this morning I headed out to Atwoods to get a 20lbs bag of bird seed and 2 more bird feeders. I feel like such an enabler.




Line Drying is Overrated

We inherited a 15 year old dryer from my mother-in-law. We had it for a couple of weeks before it just died on us. That gave Dustin the great idea of being more eco-friendly and said, "We should start line drying!". After pricing out super energy efficient dryers and realizing it wasn't in the budget, I half heartedly agreed with ONE rule......my underwear DO NOT get hung up outside. What I have discovered in the past few attempts at line drying is that it makes me really annoyed when it is cold outside and I have to dry inside. BUT, when it is sunny and breezy outside, my clothes dry in an hour and I actually kind of enjoy. The energy efficient front loader is still on my wish list but, I'm learning to embrace the good ole fashioned way of drying.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those birds are totally taking advantage of us.

Steve said...

I'm pretty sure if you get a "green" appliance upgrade, you get a $1500 tax credit. Pretty sure. Not 100%.