Sprout is growing at an amazing pace! Right now he/she weighs in at approx 13oz and is resting quite comfortably on the right side of my tummy. I think the gurgling noises of my stomach are too much for the lil one to handle.
The ultrasound was amazing! The tech went from head to toe showing us each and every little part of our tiny sprout. Everything from all 10 toes to the heart to the stomach even onto the bladder! Sprout's head is way down low in my abdomen with the feet pretty much up by rib cage. Apparently the kid likes to stretch it out. And is now looking like a little person in there.....kind of.
Apparently our child is a little camera shy. While the tech was trying to get a good picture of Sprout's adorable mug, he/she was busy moving his/her hand in front of the face. We were able to get a couple of good pictures but, with the baby looking straight at the camera, our child looks more like an alien form of Skeletor than a cute lil baby :)

If you turn your head to the right, you can kind of see the shape of a face. I'm going to be honest, the tech had to point out all the features for me to really see it.
My favorite picture from the ultrasound came from the fact that the little one has his/her feet planted firmly under my rib cage. So far, he/she has been very kind in the not kicking me too hard but, the kicks are getting stronger. Dustin was actually feel a couple of good ones over the past few nights :)

So, that's the brief Sprout update. I should have a belly picture soon enough. I just feel weird having one taken of me for some reason but with Christmas coming up, I'm sure I will have some to share!

No comments:
Post a Comment