Admittedly, I have been a bad blogger. It was kind of a topsy turvy summer but things are starting to even out and life is chugging. So let's catch up.
GRACIE
Our little 5lbs bundle of fur is now a 30lbs 6 month old chewing monster. If this mutt doesn't prepare me for having a toddler, nothing will! She is extremely lucky that she is not only cute but does manage to behave herself 70% of the time.
She still loves her naps and chewing on things but we have started to find less destructive activities for her to engage in.
Here's a walk along the river at 10 weeks old.


Her first camping trip in Keystone State Park


Her first hike at Turkey Mountain


And the always favorite activity, lounging with Dustin :)

A VISIT FROM MY SISTERS :)
In August, I was incredibly fortunate to have my sisters visit for a couple of days. We picked them up in St Louis and did some local touring but, really it was mostly just a chance to relax and enjoy time with them since it had been so long.

Maggie enjoying a beverage Joe Momma's in downtown Tulsa.

Mandie & Maggie at Pops in Arcadia, OK

A visit to Oklahoma City

Playing at the 41st Street Plaza


Back in St Louis

OTHER SUMMER HAPPENINGS
It's official. I despise and do not look forward to Oklahoma summers in any way shape or form. When the heat index is 110 for three or more straight days, I call that excessive.
Dustin and I did have the chance to take in a bunch of Driller's games this summer which is always a great time :) We were able to take in the second to last game played at the old Drillers stadium. They will moving to their new ballpark, Oneok Field in downtown next for the 2010 season.
Other than that, it was a pretty quiet end to the summer but for one last little bit of news......
DRUM ROLL PLEASE

Dustin and I found we were expecting on August 18th.
Sprout is due to make his or her Tulsa debut around April 22nd.
So far I've had a relatively boring pregnancy which is always a blessing. We are not going to find out what the sex of the baby is until his/her arrival in April so, we've spent a good bit of time guessing with absolutely no scientific data to back up our beliefs :) Next ultrasound is in 2 weeks on Dec 3rd so be looking for a new picture!
LOOKING FORWARD
Dustin and I have had some challenges over the course of the past month. Mostly regarding my job situation but I can honestly say that I'm incredibly optimistic and excited about the next year :)
Hopefully I'll be a better blogger in sharing it with the few readers I have left :)

1 comment:
So glad to have you here in our little corner of the plains, Katie. And I can't wait to meet Spout - can. not. WAIT!
And, OMG, your dog is huge now. What the heck??
Post a Comment