So where have we been and what have we been up to?
WELCOME TO THE LAND OF THE WORKING YOU LAZY YANKEE
I am now gainfully employed :) I feel very blessed in this economy to land a good job. I'm even more blessed that I actually am quite excited about my job. It will also allow us to have the moolah to do more exploring in the city. It was a win win for me.
A TAIL OF TWO SUSHIS
We have visited two very good and very different sushi restaurants in the past couple of weeks.
First up was In the Raw (http://www.intherawsushi.com) for Dustin's birthday. It is one of the trendier Brookside neighborhood restaurants and as such is always packed on a Saturday night. We ended up waiting close to an hour for a table and then ended up a the sushi bar which actually was a great thing! Dustin decided to get a little adventurous and tried the Salmon Roe and Sea Urchin. Roe was a big hit. Sea Urchin ended up at the bottom of our toilet later that night when he kept reliving the texture over and over again in his mind. This was our 2nd time at In the Raw and both times the sushi was incredibly fresh and excellent. It is on the pricier side of a dinner for two but we both agree that it is totally worth it!
Our second sushi restaurant was Sushi Train. Sushi Train is not the trendiest spot and doesn't even have a website. It's located at 3302 E 51st St in Tulsa tucked into a strip mall. Apparently sushi trains are very popular in Australia (at least that's what wikipedia told me) and gaining popularity in the states. We had a lot of fun just grabbing different plates off the little engine that passed by our seats at the bar. It's a very bare bones little restaurant but the sushi tasted really fresh and for the price, it was an excellent, quieter alternative to In the Raw.
I would honestly recommend either place, it just kind of depends on what whether you want to get all dressed up for a night out or if you just feel like a quiet, laid back bite to eat.
ADVENTURE IN THE BIG CITY
We took a road trip out to "The City". "The City" is Oklahoma City and is located about an hour and half from our little own of Tulsa. The Philadelphia 76ers were taking on the Oklahoma City Thunder. The 76ers got killed but at least I was able to hang out with our friends, Rob and Carmen. Oh and I was able to see with my own eyes the Sasquatch with horns that is the Thunder's mascot, Rumble. He is absolutely frightening.

WEATHER UPDATE
It is officially spring which means that our video camera will always now be fully charged and placed in a convenient place so should Mother Nature decide to spin off a whirling dervish, we are ready.
We're trying to find some place new to try this weekend. I haven't been to the Tulsa Zoo yet so that's a possibility if I'm not working. T-ball & spring soccer season is starting up so, we'll be out cheering on the nieces and nephews :) My running has taken a hit because of my schedule and I don't see that getting better anytime soon which is a real bummer. I'm hoping the roses at the Tulsa Rose Garden start budding soon :) Springtime is just so full of possibilities :)
Talk to y'all soon!

1 comment:
I found your blog through Tasha and enjoyed reading your posts.
Just wanted to say welcome to OK.
Post a Comment